Pegasusbooks.biz, is an online, only, bookstore, opened in 1999. I have been a lifelong bibliophile and found that selling books online was a perfect solution for harnessing my love of books with being an independent business owner.
My goal is having satisfied customers from around the world, fulfilling their book buying needs by carrying a wide selection of high quality, well described titles.
I endeavor to run my business in a professional, customer friendly manner. I look forward to helping customers on a continuous basis.
I specialize in Horse, Dog, Animal books, as well as Art, Architecture, Decorative Arts, and Automobile/Engineering and Service Manuals, as well as original Native American/Indian monographs.
In the horse category I have a well filled catalogue of DRESSAGE books, modern and classical masters, as well as many titles on complementary care and healing methods, jumping, and various other aspects and disciplines of horse care, riding and training.
I always keep in stock the highly desirable "Conditioning Sport Horses" and "The Dynamic Horse," signed by Dr. Hilary Clayton. These are brand new books. Additionally, I have multiple new copies of "The Dressage Horse, English Translation of Chapter III" by Harry Boldt, another scarce title. As of the beginning of 2013 I am now carrying the dual language, German/English edition of the 1978 classic by Harry Boldt Das Dressur Pferd-the Dressage Horse. This book is entirely translated into English, along with the original German, on each page, with an additional section at the rear of the book.
How I Named Pegasus Books:
As well as being a lifelong bibliophile I have also been horse crazed my entire life. I am the proud owner of a wonderful dressage horse, Monty, a Canadian Sport Horse gelding.
Pegasus Books is named in his honor, as when I ride him I feel as if I am riding through the clouds, in a magical partnership.
Pegasus Books allow me to fulfill two passions at once: dealing in books and supporting Monty in the pampered lifestyle, which I have believe he has earned, and he has no doubts he absolutely deserves. Monty is VERY accustomed to lots of treats on a regular basis; your buying books keeps him well supplied with innumerable horse goodies.
Should anyone wish to have horse discussions, I love hearing about other folks' horses and sharing info about Monty.
My wonderful inspiration, and equine partner, HRH Monty, joined his ancestors in June 2012. I can never thank him for all he taught me, his patience, kindness and perfect manners with me, allowing me to share his life. The last couple of years of his life Monty was living his dream---the much desired stage of 'pasture ornament.' Because of so many of the things he taught me I was able to find a new dressage partner, a lovely PMU horse Detroit Diesel. He also is certain he is deserving of non-stop treats and a dream horse life style. A big, handsome, dappled bay Clydesdale/Thoroughbred x, I'm passing on many of the lessons I learned from Monty to Detroit Diesel; in return he is teaching me as much, if not more. Every horse is a new learning experience.
Once again I've been very lucky to have found a truly lovely. sane, kind, beautiful moving and gentle horse to share my horse addiction. The saddle even fits him! He is just starting his dressage career. The adventure begins anew; teaching and learning, with a new horse. Every ride is a challenge, to keep up with his big, wonderful strides, and learn to adjust to his needs and abilities. As Charles de Kunffy says, in a lesson there are 3 members: the horse, the rider/student, and the teacher/coach. Luckily, Detroit Diesel is as patient and kind as Monty was, tolerating my weaknesses and foibles, while teaching me what he needs to learn. I'm one lucky book dealer!
As a strong believer in animal rescues, I feel very fortunate to have a PMU horse for my new riding horse. Classical dressage is fun to learn with such a terrific equine partner.
I am always looking for quality books to add to my inventory. Contact me if you have books to sell; I will come to YOU at your convenience. I pay CASH $$$$$$ for books.
This morning I picked up the package. At least half of the joy in the
purchase is the pickup and first opening of the books. I will share some
moments leafing through them with my wife this evening when we meet so she
can at least verify (and possibly enjoy) her great gift to me.
I hope you enjoy De Kunffy. He is a lucid writer (and I presume speaker as
well) and I think I have all his books. I hope he is also of practical
Many thanks for your follow up on the order.
Until the next order ....
A & E, Cyprus, 6 March 2013
I picked up the book you shipped me, "Smart Little Lena: The Grand
Slam Years" by Gala Nettles. You said on the phone that it was a
beautiful book, but I had absolutely NO IDEA how beautiful it was.
And you were right that Smart Little Lena is important in his lineage, so the book is especially welcome.
Now that I see how beautiful the book is, though, I'm going to read
it cover to cover with care, and then put it where it will stay as nice
as it is. :-)
Again, my thanks.
San Diego 3/4/2013
- I got everything in time even earlier. Everything was well packed. A. G. Montreal, Canada 9 May 2012
||Hi Joyce, Monty Detroit Diesel. I had purchased a few carrots for you guys but I simply could not resist them, so consumed them!!!!
Maybe next time if you are lucky!!
Just to let you know that your treasure has arrived safe and sound in perfect condition....and a big thank you to you for the superb packing of the book, that is what I would define as being exceptional - the best packing that we have ever encountered .....gold star for you!!!!!! We could tell you lots of sagas we have had with regards to bad packaging of books that we have ordered in the past!!!
Susan, UK, 7/2011
||Excellent, efficient service. The book reached me in New Zealand well before the delivery estimate and in very good condition.
David, New Zealand, 6/2011
||An amazing book delivered on time, and in excellent condition. Have you seen Herzog's movie about Chauvet?
||Fast Shipping. Item as described. Thanks!! AAAAA+++++
||The book was in excellent condition and arrived closer to the November 15th estimated delivery date.
||Very carefully packed and in great condition.
||Book arrived in a timely matter, was well packaged and in condition as described by the seller. Would buy again.
||E.P., NYC, 10/10
||Not "one of the best" but the best packaging and shipping experiences
for a book. As an avid book person, I got a book in collectible
condition. Amazon.com should take lessons from this seller about how to
||Candace, Florida, 11/09
- Book came yesterday and looks great! Thanks, E
- Dear Joyce- Thought you'd like to know, the two books arrived today in excellent condition. It's been a pleasure dealing with you. Thank you. Y. W.
- Many Thanks to you Today I received this safety thank you [sic]
T. K. TOKYO
- Hi Joyce, The books have arrived in what must be record time by any standards. Excellent, thank you very much. Thanks agains, best
- Hi Joyce, The Olympic book is in beautiful condition and I can't
put it down! It's a wonderful book and it's a shame that it's out of
print. regards, Bonnie
- Thanks for the note. I order a number of books through Abebooks. Sellers rarely include a note when acknowledging an order, so the personalizing is appreciated. It will mean that, when possible, I'll turn to Pegasus in the future.
- Joyce, Many thanks. The book arrived in Friday's mail. No problems with customs at all. I will recommend others to your website. My daughter is thrilled with the text and the level of information it contains. Can't say enough about how quickly we received this hard to find book.
- Thank you Joyce. I really appreciate your consideration and professionalism.
I look forward to receiving my books and working with you again in the future. Yes, I received my books and I am enjoying them thoroughly. Thank you. J. K. , Florida
Yesterday the three books arrived in a giant grey plastic bag. The books were in great shape. Thanks a lot.
H.B., The Netherlands
- Joyce,Thanks for your hard work. The book is great! AND, LATER BOOK PURCHASE
Your 2 books arrived today . . . the "Elements of Style" book is very nice! GREAT reference book, thanks. J. T., California
- Dear Joyce,
The Bussei arrived safely, well-packaged, and in the condition you
described. Thank you for your attention to these details. I hope that we may do further business in the future.
Sincerely, J. H. Seattle
- I recently ordered a book from you through XXXBooks and I was wondering if there was any buyer/seller responses to fill out like other sites that sell things. I was thankful for your wonderful service and I just wanted to make sure. Thanks! ~Leah~
- The book arrived in today's mail. It is, indeed, a huge book. I am sorry that you went to the additional expense of sending it Priority Mail. It was very nice of you! I do have Mr.___ invoice. It was in the book. Again, thank you for your generous help. /cf **[I had made a shipping error and rushed to fix it]**, and, later,
Dear Ms. Mogill,
I believe I told you to not worry about the refund of postage.
You were very nice about correcting the error. I am delighted to have
the beautiful book.
A Very Happy New Year with a wish for good health! C
- Hi Joyce,
... Three books: one for me, one for J, one for L - if Paul has time to do more than sign his name! Hi Joyce, Thank you so much. All the books arrived safely today. I am delighted with Paul B's inscription to me and I really appreciate you arranging it. L and J will also be over the moon! Diane, Canada
- Dear Joyce,
I finally made it to the post office to pick up package with two books. The third was sent separately? The book is wonderful, but brings out the tear. Thank you, AND
It arrived!!!!!Thank you so much.
bbr **[bought my 2 copies of book, and I found a 3rd copy too]
- Dear Joyce,
Just wanted to let you know the books came today. Can't wait to start reading! Thank you again.
- Just want you to know that the book arrived Saturday, in good condition, and it's just what I expected. Thanks!
- Hi Joyce,
Just wanted to lety ou know that the book arrived safe and sound today......it is great and I know my friend will be thrilled!
- Thanks for the excellent packing job and the upgrade to Priority Mail. I have your website bookmarked and hope to buy from you again sometime!
- I got my book this morning. It's great. Thanks for your swiftness.
Monsieur B., France
- Hello Joyce-
The book arrived in excellent condition on Thursday. Thank you for the swift processing...
- Dear Joyce,
Just to let you know that the book arrived today. Thanks again for your effort. All the best,
- Dear Joyce,
The book arrived yesterday and I just wanted to thank you for all your help. The book is exelent [sic]!!!. I just love it. It was a pleasure to do business with Pegasus Books and look forward to buy more books in the near future.
I will keep an eye on your web site for new books related to scale model building.
L. A., Puerto Rico
- Dear Joyce
Thank you for your quick work very much.
Maybe I will purchase some other books later. C.S. California
- Hi Joyce Thanks for fast shipping hope to buy from you again best wishes rachel ps always looking out for books on lilliput lane, beswick, doulton etc
I meant to email you ages ago, but my daughter's Wild Horse Annie project is taking all our spare time! The book is a great help, and thanks for sending along the little paperback too. We will certainly keep you in mind for next year's History Day project.
- I received the book, today, 20 June 2005. Thank you very much for your steady packing.
Natsuko Y. [Japan]
- Arrived this morning right on time. Many thanks, you're a star ! Best, Anne, England
- I received the books today -- thanks so much -- they are just what I wanted.
- Wow! Thank you so much. I really appreciate your support. Yesterday was my birthday and I had decided to purchase the book as a present for myself, and something to read while I'm finishing the last few months out here before getting back to my own horse. Your generosity has made it even better!
- Hi Joyce! I got the book yesterday, and I'm thrilled! I am so glad to have found it.
Best wishes, Margaret
- Joyce, Book arrived safely today. Very nice copy. Many thanks. John [Ireland]
- Thank you for your prompt reply. I'm very impressed with your service and sensitivity for customers' needs.I'm very impressed with your service and efficiency. I will definitely keep Pegasus Books in mind next time I need to look for a book!
- Thank you for the book. I just discovered the work of Fisch and I am looking forward to incorporating her techniques into my designs.
Thanks again, JR, Columbus, OH
- Yesterday I received your very very well packed book. It is marvellous [sic] and I thank you so very much indeed. Greetings from Germany and take care. G.. H.. Berlin, Germany
- Dear Joyce,
I was so thrilled to hear you had "Six White Horses". It was a favorite book of mine as a child and it somehow got misplaced. I was born and raised in Michigan so it is even more special that I"m receiving the book from you in Saginaw:) I've been looking for this book for sometime now. Even my mother is thrilled that I found it. Thank-you very much and I look so forward to receiving my book. You have made us very happy!!!!
L.F, Henderson, Nevada
- Excellent. Thanks, Joyce. I'm tempted by several of the other gems in your catalogue but haven't decided yet. Regards D. P., Australia
- Dear Joyce,
thank you for your friendly order confirmation. We are looking forward to get the translation of Das Dressurpferd and thank you a lot for your assistance. If we need some more English horse books, we would be glad to contact you again.
Best regards and good luck with the half-pass,
K. Z., Germany